Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Scared and Excited, Both at the Same Time!

"Love comes when manipulation stops; when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable." Dr. Joyce Brothers

Alright folks. Remember a few weeks ago when I was incredibly nervous, overpreparing and thinking WAY too much about my TEDx talk. Well...here it is. In lieu of a post of any kind, I'm going to opt for sharing this. I have to admit it's a little bit scary putting myself out there into the universe like this...but where I keep coming back around to see...is that all of us, whether we are young, old, man, woman, left-brained, right-brained...we all just really want to know that we are loved.

And I am now willing to see and know that I am, without a doubt, loved and therefore know that sharing my story and the depth of WHO I AM is okay, safe and may possibly serve as an invitation for you to know that you too, can do the same.

Please feel free to share with others. I'd love it if this helped grow Girls on the Run and allow others to see the depth of our work. Or perhaps to see something new about themselves and in the process, set themselves free.




http://www.youtube.com/user/TEDxCharlotte#p/u/0/R85waJqmucQ

1 comment:

  1. Molly,
    Regarding your post, "I'm Scared and Excited, Both at the Same Time"... Your talk was nothing short of outstanding! I'm so glad that you posted those two clips so that we fans/supporters could enjoy them just as much as the audience ...there I'm sure. In listening to your stories I became directly connected with your emotional outpouring. (You know me well enough to understand my sensitive side). God gave you a special purpose and you're quite obviously right on track. Thank you for being you!
    Now I'm going to go wipe my eyes so that I can see to drive home ;-)...

    Respectfully,
    Greg
    Vicksburg, MI

    ReplyDelete